Full time, permanent
We’re Air IT, an incredible MSP with the history and expertise to provide an amazing array of services and a bright future ahead of us.
We’ve grown a lot since our beginning back in 2005. We’re proud to have brought together nine leading companies as a family, with more on the horizon. Now, with an office presence across the UK, we are extremely honoured to have been recognised with a range of regional, national and industry awards for growth, innovation, dedication and success throughout our journey.
Excited for our future, we’ve got a great mission and vision and a clearly defined strategy to empower our teams and make sure we can bring out the best in our people to provide unrivalled IT and Cyber Security support, solutions and services to local SMEs, nationwide. And this is where you come in.
We’re now looking for Cyber Security Consultant to join our team and help us deliver great results for our clients.
As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will support the delivery of Air IT’s security services to our clients.
You will plan, manage and deploy cyber security projects, ensuring clients are satisfied and their expectations met.
Keeping up to date with the latest technology developments within the industry, you will work on projects to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met, and that systems have the correct security controls applied.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers in establishing the scope and scenario of security assessments
- Conduct infrastructure/web application penetration test engagements
- Communicate findings to customers and provide remediation advice
- Liaise with internal and external IT Teams in managing tools that include UAT, WAF and SIEM technologies, malware prevention and real time metrics reporting
- Continue to update/develop relevant technical knowledge and provide training and support to other members of the team
- Work with vendors on providing product updates, bug fixes and managing relations
- Administrate and Implement policies/rules on SIEM systems as well as refine security standards
- Carry out additional security assessments such as vulnerability testing, Cyber Essentials/Cyber Essentials Plus assessments
- Assisting with pre/post sales processes as required
To join us as a Cyber Security Consultant, you will need:
- Experience in conducting infrastructure or web application penetration tests
- CREST Registered Penetration Tester (CRT), Offensive Security Certificated Professional (OSCP) or similar industry certifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with common networking protocols and devices such as TCP/IP, DNS, switches and firewalls
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory
- Familiarity with virtualisation platforms such as Hyper-V and VMware
- Knowledge of common web vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10
- Experience in usage of Qualys, Nessus or similar vulnerability scanners
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- GSCE Maths and English or equivalent
- A full valid UK driving license to visit client sites on occasions
- Commutable to an Air IT Office when required, inline with the organisation’s hybrid working policy
- Certified Cyber Essentials/Cyber Essentials Plus Assessor
- Knowledge and experience of the IASME Governance Standard
- Computer science or cyber security related university degree
- Previous experience of carrying out phishing and social engineering assessments
We will invest significantly in your training, with the requirement that you will commit a portion of your own time to successfully achieve the qualification objectives set.
- Attractive remuneration packages (we prefer to talk face-to-face about your needs)
- Benefits such as health insurance, tiered pension, childcare vouchers and mileage allowance
- Perks including quarterly and annual staff awards, funded social events, referral bonuses, green travel scheme, discounted broadband, subsidised gym membership and complimentary sports tickets
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- A focus on health, wellbeing, inclusivity and diversity
- Hybrid and flexible working forming the keystones of our future working
We are a team that radiates strength, constantly evolving ready for the next phase in our evolution. A big focus for us is growing together and we believe that fantastic opportunities for personal growth are key to this, offering job security, career progression, help and support. A sneak peek will show you that we also put an emphasis on the fun side of our business, celebrating the commitment and hard work our teams have put in.
Other organisations may call this role Penetration Tester, Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber Security Assessor.
Air IT is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. We believe this is the only acceptable way to conduct business and the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Cyber Security Consultant, please apply via the button shown.